While reading all best poems, when I remembered that I am a good poetess too

The pages of the open books;
or perhaps the ones I opened once
long ago into the dilapidated time
have been kept staring at me 
ever since I promised them -
"I will build interest in you soon:"
The books I scribbled ; sadly not as a poet
but for a young  anonymous aspiration.

I left the water ajar which I brought
to quench my thirst,
perhaps my thirst is as deceitful as me;
and why it shouldn't be,
because the lactose of the water,
cannot stimulate the essence -
which the dopamine of good words can.

There is scent in air,
of yellow sandalwood-
may be my words are poor dyers.
 But still can describe the ethereal essence
of the fragrance 
of its holiness,
taking all my mind and my senses 
dripping into it.

A fan droodling over my head,
in its kohl I hear the stories it says;
and I mispercept as of my 
mind is creating them all-
starting from the dawn 
to when the night falls.

And the pages are still gazing,
now not at me but at the roof
of a shattered hope;
They gossip about my bad future
and poor polyglot me,
I understand their language
and laugh at their talks.



Popular posts from this blog

Caption

I PICKED MY CALL